Address Information System (AIS) Viewer
AIS Viewer is an interactive application designed to provide the ability to retrieve, view, and print accurate and current ZIP Code™ information for all 50 states.
Who is AIS Viewer for?
First Class Mail
Correct and Standardize: Address Information System (AIS) Products
What is AIS Viewer?
AIS Viewer is an interactive application, which includes the following AIS products: City/State Product, County Name Retrieval, Delivery Statistics Retrieval, ZIP + 4® Retrieval, and Address Lookup. The application provides the ability to retrieve, view, and print hardcopy reports, on demand. Using the AIS Viewer with the "address lookup" option meets the 5-digit ZIP Code accuracy standard for addresses used on pieces in non-automation pre-sorted rate First-Class Mail®, Periodicals, Standard Mail®, and Bound Printed Matter mailings. AIS Viewer is updated monthly and the data is valid for 105 days from the product (monthly) cycle date. The data is encrypted and cannot be exported.
Which products are available on AIS Viewer?
The following report/product options are available on the AIS Viewer application:
- City/State/Delivery Type – A comprehensive list of ZIP Codes and the city, county, and Post Office™ names associated with those ZIP Codes. The City/State report can be used to validate a city (Post Office) name and ZIP Code™ that is part of a mailing address. The Delivery Type report identifies the type of deliveries made to each ZIP Code (i.e., street, rural, post office box, general, unique, military, and non-active addressed delivery).
- County Name Retrieval – Provides the name of the county or parish in which the 5-digit ZIP Code™ resides.
- Delivery Statistics Retrieval – Provides information regarding the number of deliveries by individual carrier route and Post Office box section. The data file defines the number of post office boxes and business/residential deliveries on city, rural, and highway contract routes (HCRs) for every ZIP Code.
- ZIP + 4 Retrieval – Provides the ability to lookup and print reports of street records in various formats (city, state, ZIP Code, carrier route code, etc.).
- Address Lookup – Lookup individual addresses to verify/obtain the correct 5-digit ZIP Code, ZIP + 4 code, carrier route code, county code, delivery point code, and check digit code.
The Address Lookup function is free with the purchase of at least one of the four other AIS Viewer products, which are priced separately, allowing mailers the flexibility to customize the AIS Viewer to their needs. The annual subscription price is based on the product(s) ordered, and includes 12 monthly updates.
Order form for Address Information System (AIS) products.
Product order form for Adress Information System (AIS) Viewer. Products available for purchase are the City/State Delivery Type Retrieval, County Name Retrieval, Delivery Statistics Retrieval, and ZIP + 4 Retrieval.
User guide for Address Information System (AIS) Viewer, an application that provides the ability to retrieve, view, and print reports on demand at a 5-digit ZIP code level.
The Address Information System (AIS) Products Technical Guide contains documentation on all AIS products, including RDI™, Z4Change, ZIPMove, ZIP + 4®, Five-Digit ZIP®, eLOT®, Carrier Route, City State, and Delivery Statistics.
Pricing guide for Address Information System (AIS) products, including Carrier Route, ZIP + 4®, Five-Digit ZIP®, City State, Delivery Statistics, Z4Change, ZIPMove, eLOT®, and RDI™.
Postal Addressing Standards for Puerto Rico and US Virgin Island (English).
Postal Addressing Standards for Puerto Rico and US Virgin Island (Spanish).
Listing of available Locale Type Codes
Address Information System (AIS) Area/District 3-Digit and 5-Digit ZIP Code™ Assignments
AISU Contact Information
Downloadable files containing contact information for Address Management Systems.
The Carrier Route Product provides reference information needed to apply carrier route codes to addresses for presort postage discounts.
The City State Product is a comprehensive list of city, county, and Post Office names associated with each ZIP Code™.
The eLOT product allows mailers the ability to sort their mailings in approximate carrier-casing sequence.
The Five-Digit ZIP® Product provides five-digit ZIP Code™ data that can be appended to computerized mailing lists via address-matching software.
Z4CHANGE Product provides mailers the information necessary to create an application that would facilitate frequent and cost-effective processing for updating very large computerized mailing lists for automation compatibility and improved deliverability.
The ZIP + 4® Product is a base reference file that can be accessed by an application to assign the correct ZIP + 4® Code associated with a physical address.