Visibility And Tracking
By implementing machine readable codes (barcodes), the USPS improved Mail Visibility system is able to track individual pieces of mail, as well as entire trays, sacks, and pallettes. No matter what volume of mailings you send, you can track your mail or packages as it moves through the course of the mailing and handling system.
Complete visibility of mail provides real-time information about mail to customers and the U.S. Postal Service, including service performance data. This visibility into mailing activities allows the Postal Service to better manage its operations, increase route efficiency, improve service, and control costs. Mail visibility gives customers insight into mailing activities and provides them analytics to drive business decisions.
Tracking Letters and Flats
IV-MTR provides the mailing industry with powerful insight into the Postal mailstream. The application:
- Provides near real-time mail tracking data for letters and flats
- Leverages the intelligence of Full-Service Intelligent Mail® and nesting associations to create assumed handling events
- Offers logical handling events, such as logical delivery events, based on business rules
- Provides multiple data file formats and delivery methods
- Enables roles and permissions management to determine a user's application functionality and data visibility
- Offers flexible data delegation to receive and provide data visibility
Informed Visibility Mail Tracking & Reporting (IV-MTR) is a near real-time, single source for all mail and mail aggregate tracking information.
Customers can check delivery status of packages any time with the USPS.com Track & Confirm tool.
The Electronic Verification System (eVS®) enables parcel mailers to submit documentation and pay postage by transmitting electronic manifest files to the eVS database.
Product Tracking and Reporting (PTR) is the database that stores tracking scan data for all barcoded packages and extra services products.