The U.S. Postal Service® is enhancing the mail experience with Informed Delivery®, a free and optional notification service that gives eligible residential consumers the ability to digital preview their letter-sized mail pieces and manage their packages scheduled to arrive soon.
Informed Delivery® offers mailers the opportunity to engage users through an integrated mail and digital marketing campaign that generates additional consumer impressions, interactions, and insights.
Participating mailers can provide supplemental content, allowing users to take immediate action on a mailpiece. The United States Postal Service (USPS®) currently offers the basic campaign functionality for no additional fee. Monetization opportunities for additional features are under consideration.
The Value of Informed Delivery
Informed Delivery can help mailers increase their marketing campaign reach with a synchronized physical and digital touch point.
- Receive multiple impressions from a single mailpiece.
- Enhance the customer call to action with interactive digital content.
- Connect with customers whenever, wherever — even as they travel — through a computer or mobile device.
|ID Maintenance Release R23.9.3
|This release includes enhancement and fixes to MCP and Mail Campaign API.
1. Add tool tip next to the Campaign Type Field on the MCP Describe Page. This is to provide mailers additional information about the type of campaign selected on the MCP Describe page.
2. Ensure "MID Must Begin with 9' error on the MCP Describe Page displays correctly when inputting Mailer ID/MID. This is to correct error handling for mailers inputting 9-digit MID that does not start with “9”.
3. Remove "Deleted" campaigns from the MCP Home Page and Campaigns Page Display. This is to stop displaying deleted campaigns on MCP.
|ID Maintenance Release R23.5.4
|1. Update logic for placing flats pieces in daily digest emails to improve visibility.
|ID Maintenance Release R23.5.3
|1. Add campaign reminder clicks to post-campaign summary and detailed reports in the Mailer Campaign Portal (MCP).
2. Remove Submitter CRID validation in the Add Barcode request for the Mail Campaign API.
3. Add validation to MCP to require campaign type selection when creating campaigns from templates.
|ID Maintenance Release R23.5.1
|1. Update data extract from Informed Delivery to Program Registration to include campaign metrics (emails, opens, and clicks).
|Expanded Sharing Feature R23.3.0
|1. Enable the sharing of Mail and Package Campaigns Target URL via email, SMS, Facebook, and Twitter using share buttons from the daily digest email.
2. Add referral banner to daily digest email for users to share the Informed Delivery enrollment link to friends and family via email and SMS.
3. Add sharing feature opt-out checkbox in the Mailer Campaign Portal (MCP) campaign submission build page.
4. Add Campaign Type field to the MCP campaign submission describe page. Field values include Serial Range Sequential, MID Level, and Non-Sequential.
|ID Maintenance Release R23.2.0
|1. Modify Mailpiece Shape field values in the Mailer Campaign Portal (MCP) campaign submission describe page to separate Card from Letter. New values include Letter, Card, and Flat.
2. Add Campaign ID field to the campaigns table in MCP home page and campaigns page.
Informed Delivery Mailer Campaign Portal Support
For help with interactive campaigns through the Mailer Campaign Portal (MCP), post-campaign reporting, or other campaign inquiries.
Hours of operation:
Monday – Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT
* with the exception of federal holidays observed by USPS®.
Informed Delivery PostalOne! Support
For help with interactive campaigns through PostalOne!.