Automated Business Reply Mail® (ABRM) Tool
The United States Postal Service® offers complimentary Reply Mail artwork via the Automated Business Reply Mail® (ABRM) tool, which allows Reply Mail customers to create approved USPS camera-ready artwork for domestic Reply Mail pieces in just a few steps.
Who is the ABRM tool for?
This tool assists Reply Mail customers with creating domestic Courtesy Reply Mail (CRM), Business Reply Mail (BRM), and Qualified Business Reply Mail (QBRM) artwork for card and letter-size mailpieces.
The USPS Automated Business Reply Mail (ABRM) application is an online, self-service tool that allows Reply Mail customers to create domestic card, letter, and flat-sized mailpieces of Business Reply Mail (BRM), Courtesy Reply Mail (CRM), and Metered Reply Mail (MRM). ABRM also creates artwork for card and letter-size pieces of Qualified Business Reply Mail (QBRM). Additionally, ABRM provides the option to create a Facing Identification Mark (FIM) and Barcode only for CRM and BRM artwork.
The ABRM tool, which can be accessed through the Business Customer Gateway, provides a number of features for Reply Mail customers, including the ability to:
- Design and create artwork with an Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb™)
- Place the barcode above the address block or in the barcode clear zone
- Add an image or logo related to the mailpiece
- Allow a third-party vendor or mail service provider to create artwork for clients
- Download artwork designs in PDF and EPS formats
- Store mailpieces and logos in the ABRM library for future use (up to 100 MB)
The ABRM tool offers customers effective, innovative means for generating Reply Mail artwork for domestic use.
- Ease of Use: The ABRM Tool is easy to use and navigate, and provides a clear step-bystep process for creating artwork from beginning to end.
- 24/7 Availability: Customers no longer have to wait to receive their artwork! The ABRM Tool is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cost and Time Savings: The ABRM tool reduces the time and cost associated with the generation of artwork.
The following information is needed before using the Automated Business Reply Mail (ABRM) Tool:
- A valid Mailer ID
- Company name and a valid business address, including the associated 9-digit ZIP Code
- A valid PostalOne! Permit Number for Business Reply Mail® or Qualified Business Reply Mail™
- USPS uniquely-assigned 9-digit Business Reply Mail ZIP+4 code (Business Reply Mail or Qualified Business Reply Mail)
Quick Service Guides 05/07/2015
This brochure provides an overview of the ABRM tool, its benefits, and a quick guide for getting started.
User Guides 03/17/2016
This document contains an instructional guide on how to use the ABRM tool.