Intelligent Mail® Tray Label Certification
To ensure accuracy, optimal bar code quality and readability of the Intelligent Mail® Tray Label, the USPS® offers a voluntary label certification process of the Intelligent Mail Tray Label for software vendors that generate tray label software. This certification process will validate the Intelligent Mail Tray Label design specifications, technical barcode requirements for the tray barcodes, placement of the barcode and human-readable data elements on the label, as well as the ability to generate accurate label content.
Who is Intelligent Mail Tray Label Certification for?
Software vendors. Mailers who are not software vendors may request to have their Intelligent Mail barcodes and tray labels validated by their local Mailpiece Design Analyst.
This certification process will validate the Intelligent Mail Tray Label design specifications, technical barcode requirements for the tray barcodes, placement of the barcode and human-readable data elements on the label, as well as the ability to generate accurate label content. Vendors who pass certification receive PS Form 3114 as documentation for successfully completing the IMTL Certification.
The certification process shall be structured around the following framework:
- Vendors will be certified as either Basic Service or Full-Service (Full-Service Certification meets the need of both Basic and Full-Service).
- A vendor who does not typically submit mailings will not be assigned a Mailer ID. A generic MID for certification purposes only will be assigned to software vendors.
- The vendors will submit physical label samples for each format, for which they are requesting certification, to the NCSC Barcode Certification Department (IMTL Certification). These labels are to be representative samples of the labels that will be applied to mail trays, sacks or tubs for submission to the USPS.
- Basic Service Certification will require labels presented with unique destination ZIP Codes, for each format for which certification is being requested. The same destination ZIP Codes can be used for each format. The NCSC will review the ZIP Code on each label to ensure that 100 unique destination ZIP Codes have been submitted.
- Full-Service Certification will require labels presented with unique serial numbers in addition to the unique destination ZIP Codes, for each format for which certification is being requested. The same destination ZIP Codes can be used for each format.
3216 El Camino Real
Atascadero, CA 93422-2500 Sales@accuzip.com
400 Chisholm Place Suite 300
Plano, TX 75075-6911
BCC Software, LLC
75 Josons Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-3494 Sales@bccsoftware.com
37 Executive Drive
Danbury, CT 06810-4147 Paul.Mayer@pb.com
Bowe Bell & Howell
760 South Wolf Road
Wheeling, IL 60090-6232
955 American Lane
Schaumburg, IL 60173-4983
1030 Honey Hill Drive
Houston, TX 77077-1114 email@example.com
L. Scott Hochberg Consulting Services
6000 Reims Rd Apt 2605
Houston, TX 77036-3052 Scott@savepostage.com
Melissa Data Corp
22382 Avenida Empresa
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688-2112 Richard@melissadata.com
National Presort Inc. (NPI)
14901 Trinity Blvd
Fort Worth, TX 76155-2611
1 Elmcroft Road
Stamford, CT 06926-0700
332 Front Street 3rd Floor
La Crosse, WI 54601-4025 Braden.Mccollum@sap.com
Satori Software Inc.
1301 5th Ave Ste 2200
Seattle, WA 98101-2676 firstname.lastname@example.org
1401 Nolan Ryan Expressway
Arlington, TX 76011-4907
89 Lackey Drive
Williams Bay, WI 53191-9729 Al.Johnson1@charter.net
4371 County Line Road
Chalfont, PA 18914-1825 LWurman@vertisinc.com
Whittier Mailing Products
13019 Park Street
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-4005 BGossett@traytag.com
Window Book, Inc.
300 Franklin Street
Cambridge, MA 02139-3781 TLeech@windowbook.com
This document contains the user guide for Intelligent Mail Tray Label certification.
This document provides frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers for page for IMb.
This application form is for the following certification programs: Delivery Confirmation, Parcel Barcode, Parcel Return Services, Express Mail, Flat Container Label, International Customs, Sack Container Label, International Customs, Sack Container Label, Special Services, and Signature Confirmation Services.
This document contains the Intelligent Mail Tray Label vendors list.
The electronic service option provides mailers information indicating the date and time of delivery or attempted delivery of a mailed item. If you choose to take advantage of the Electronic Service option, you must complete a testing and certification process.
The CASS™ certification process is designed in cooperation with the mailing industry to improve the accuracy of postal codes, i.e., Five-Digit ZIP Code®, ZIP + 4®, delivery point (DPCs), and carrier route codes that appear on mailpieces.