The USPS offers an eInduction certification for software vendors that support eInduction mailings.
Who is eInduction Certification for?
This program is for software vendors and developers.
Software vendors that complete the Certification Process for eInduction as described in these steps will be identified as "certified for eInduction." This certification will be noted on USPS mailing software reference lists and fact sheets. Mailers using an eInduction certified software product may complete a simplified testing program prior to onboarding to eInduction.
Software products certified for eInduction will have the following required capabilities:
- Allow user to set the eInduction Indicator in the eDoc file (selectively or to the entire mailing)
- Suppress eInduction containers from container counts on paper 8125/8017 forms
- Support destination drop ship mailings and mailer transported origin mail into local plants (PS 8017 mail)
- Create IMcb's and for each physical container, unique for 45 days from Postage Statement Mailing Date
Software products certified for eInduction may have the following optional capabilities:
- Allow the mailer to place an eInduction continuous Mailer Identifier (MID) in the IMcb or (selectively or for the entire mailing)
- Allow user to set the Accept_Misship indicator in the eDoc file (selectively or to the entire mailing)
- Print the optional eInduction Intelligent Mail container placard
Vendors will submit software products for certification by eDoc type (Mail.dat and Mail.XML) and mailing type (class, processing category, special preparation) using the Test Environment for Mailers (TEM). Vendors will then fill out the eInduction Software Vendor Certification Application and submit it via email to the PostalOne!® HelpDesk. Please see the Vendor Enrollment tool for a detailed overview of the certification process.
Applications/ Forms 03/17/2016
This document contains the software vendor certification enrollment tool for eInduction.
This document provides information on the Mail.dat and Mail.