Seamless Acceptance Incentive
Information for the Seamless Acceptance incentive which begins on January 24, 2021 and be ongoing.
A rate incentive is “a discount that is not a workshare discount and is designed to increase or retain volume, improve the value of mail for mailers, or improve the operations of the Postal Service.” 39 C.F.R. § 3030.523(a)(3).
Seamless Acceptance enables the Postal Service to perform automated verifications of Seamless mailings by reconciling eDocs with barcode scans recorded on mail processing equipment and via handheld scanners, thereby improving operational efficiency when compared to the verification of mail inducted manually. The Postal Service also benefits from the enhanced visibility, which allows for more accurate postage calculation and for the Postal Service to more easily identify and correct issues with mailings. Further, automating the manual mail verification process replaces much of the manual sampling of mail performed by USPS clerks with census data from mail processing equipment, resulting in a larger and more consistent data set.
How It Works:
This incentive provides an incentive to the Electronic Documentation (eDoc) submitters (with a qualified Seamless CRID and an Enterprise Payment System Account) for adoption of the Seamless Acceptance program.
The incentive is based on the eDoc submitter’s Customer Registration ID (CRID). A Seamless Mailer is defined by their CRID’s status in PostalOne! as “Seamless Acceptance.” Note: Seamless Parallel does not qualify for the discount.
The incentive allows Electronic Documentation (eDoc) submitters to receive a Seamless Acceptance incentive of $.001 for the pieces that qualify for Full-Service prices in the mailing, provided the eDoc submitter has an Enterprise Payment account that is used for the incentive and the mailing is paid for using an Enterprise Payment account.
Information regarding the enrollment steps is forthcoming.
- The incentive is available to all eDoc submitters with a Seamless Acceptance CRID and an Enterprise Payment account who register in PostalOne!
- The incentive is applied to the Enterprise Payment account that corresponds with the permit selected during registration to receive the discount.
- A permit that corresponds with an Enterprise Payment trust or ACH debit account must be selected to receive the incentive. Trust accounts will receive the incentive upon postage statement finalization and ACH debit accounts will receive the incentive as a daily aggregate.
- To receive the incentive using Mail.dat: use existing Segment Record’s (.seg) “eDoc Sender CRID” field to identify the CRID of the eDoc submitter.
- To receive the discount using Mail.XML: use existing OpenMailingGroupRequest > MailingGroupData > MailingFacility field to identify the CRID of the eDoc submitter.
- Mailers wishing to enter into Seamless Acceptance should inquire with their local