Full-Service Fact Sheets
Full-Service Intelligent Mail offers mailers elimination of permit fees, address correction and visibility and tracking of mailings. See the Full-Service Intelligent Mail Fact Sheet for more information.
Key Requirements for Full-Service
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail barcode (IMb) to each postcard, letter, and flat
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail tray barcode (IMtb) to trays and sacks
- Apply unique Intelligent Mail container barcode (IMcb) to placards for containers (i.e. pallets) when required
- Small volume mailings entered at a BMEU typically do not need an IMcb. See Using Container Placards for more information.
- Submit postage statements and mailing documentation electronically
- Solutions are available for small, medium and large volume mailers
Full-Service Mailing Solutions
1. Commercial Mailing Software: Mailing software vendors offer easy, ready-to-go solutions for preparing and submitting Full-Service mailings.
- Mail.dat® / Mail.XML™ – software solutions for mailers who wish to use software to prepare presort mailings, generate unique barcodes, and submit mailing information electronically to USPS.
To begin submitting files, go to the Business Customer Gateway.
For a summary list of vendors that offer dynamic Full-Service solutions and have tested their software, reference the Certified Full-Service Vendor Summary List.
2. Mail Service Providers (MSPs) Offer a wide variety of services for Mail Owners. Talk to your MSP to learn more about the Full-Service solutions they offer.
3. USPS Intelligent Mail for Small Business (IMsb) Tool
Online tool to help small business mailers (mailing less than 10,000 pieces per mailing) prepare Full-Service mailings with Intelligent Mail barcodes and tray labels. For more information, see this page on the Business Customer Gateway.